This article is not exactly a computer repair tip. It discusses about powerline networking that can be very useful to some networking scenerios.
Powerline networking uses the electrical wiring in your house to create a network. It can be used in a home to interconnect home computers and peripherals, and home entertainment devices that have an Ethernet port.
Powerline adapter sets plug into power outlets and establish an Ethernet connection using the existing electrical wiring in the home.
We advise customer NOT to plug powerline adapter to power extension strip because some of these power extension strips have filter in it. The filter may absorb power signal.
1) Because it requires no new wiring, and the network adds no cost to your electric bill, power-line networking is the cheapest method of connecting computers in different rooms.
2) Very convenient to use. While not every room has a phone jack, you will always have an electrical outlet near a computer.
3) It's inexpensive.
4) It uses existing electrical wiring.
5) It's easy to install.
6) It doesn't require that a card be installed in the computer
7) It is fast. This speed allows audio and video streaming, to be available throughout the house.